Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Be Prepared

Well, I am currently serving in a very small town called Tullahoma. It is in the South.

But before I go into that, let me sum up my last days at the MTC and leaving:

We had our last interviews with one of our teachers, Brother Stacey (my friend from my last BYU ward). It was kind of like our exit interview. We told him what we learned and what we wanted to accomplish in the future. And then, that was it. No more Danish class! Crazy!

General Conference was great! I loved learning about the two themes I noticed in Conference: Families and Obedience

Oh and Sister Peterson got mono and had to stay at the MTC for another 2 weeks.

So I don't have enough time to include detailed descriptions of the travel to Tennessee, but we woke up at 3am, got to the travel office at 4am, were on the bus at 4:30, got to the airport, waited in a long line, called our parents for 5 min while our plane started to board, got to Detroit, found out our flight was delayed 2 hours, ate at the airport, I got to call my mom again (that was awesome) and then flew to Nashville. To me, it reminded me a lot of San Antonio. It was humid and green and just felt... home-y. Anyway, our mission president and his assistants picked us up and brought us to his house, we ate dinner (refried beans, potatoes, rolls, meat loaf, salad, lemonade and strawberry lemonade pie), had interviews, got medical info, roll played while waiting to be interviewed and then some of us were taken over to the stake president's to sleep around 11:45pm. We were all exhausted and had to be out the door by 6:40am the next day so we could eat breakfast and go to the church for meetings and transfers. Ha ha.

Okay, maybe that was a little more descriptive, but I am going crazy trying to figure out how to cram everything in today as far as emails and letters go :)

Facts:

- I am older than my trainer, Sister Pearson's trainer and Sister Pearson... weird! I guess... ha ha
-Sister Pearson and her trainer, Sister Johnson are sharing a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment with Sister Tenny (my trainer and I)
-The ward has more around 500 members in the area, only 100 something are active
-I put my puffy coat in my pillowcase to use as my pillow (The Denmark Mission was going to have us buy our bedding there and the MTC provided everything, but the Tennessee Mission, you are supposed to bring your own stuff. Luckily, the mission home had some extra sheets and pillowcases for us).
-I have no idea when our visas will come... maybe next week, the week after, or in 5 weeks.
-Most important lesson I learned with week: You can't judge a book by it's cover. A lot of people will be interested in the gospel that you might not have thought would have.
-Almost everyone here seems to be passionate about religion in general.
-I got to paint a room for a service project this week. That was awesome! :)
-Supposedly we are going to receive word 3 days before we leave for Denmark that we are going to leave.
-Sharing the gospel in Danish is a lot different than English (culturally, etc).
-I introduced myself as "Kelly" once or twice because I never practiced English introductions, only in Danish.

Anyway, life is good. I have been a little more shy than I usually am because I have been nervous, but my goal is to break back out of my shell this week.

Everything always happens for a reason and it is up to us to find out what lesson the Lord wants us to learn and get to know those people He wants us to meet.

I love all of you and hope you are doing well.

Love,

Sister Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment