Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bible Quiz

Hej mine familier og venner!

I hope all is well at home/school/church/work...

Things are great in the small town of Tullahoma.

We had a district meeting this last week. Our zone leaders came and were really kind to Sister Pearson and I by letting us role play in Danish while everyone else switched partners around the room and practiced role playing in English. Sister Pearson and I pray in Danish and also try to learn 5 new Danish words each day. I still feel we are progressing with the language and it is a blessing to be here to discover various ways in which we can share the gospel and solidify our knowledge in basic doctrines of the church.

For our service project this last week, we participated in a Tullahoma city clean-up. It was pretty fun :)

But anyway, one of the highlights was when we went out to breakfast with a missionary couple and a Baptist preacher. I don't know if I said this before, but they call Tennessee the buckle of the Bible belt. Basically, almost everyone here believes in God is and is very religious (quite the opposite from Denmark, I'd assume).  It was a neat experience; however, it did feel like a bible quiz. The missionary couple shared with the preacher "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and "The Living Christ." He said he believed most of it, but would have to cross out a couple things to say he believed in the entire document. But, we did establish common ground in our beliefs. During the discussion, he started talking about how he wanted his daughters to be careful whom they date and then he directly asked me for a reference in the bible about what kind of person I should watch out for in marriage. The first thing that came to my mind was Deuteronomy 7:3-4. I quoted the verse and explained how important it was to me that I marry someone who trusted in the Lord and shared my beliefs. I know that the spirit helped me and also that this was one of the reasons why I needed to memorize that scripture in seminary 6 years ago.

I hope your weeks are going well!

Oh and I still don't have my visa. I am assuming that I will either get it this week and leave on Monday or I will get it and leave May 20th. Who knows, but I will let you know as soon as I can.

Love always,

Søster Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment