Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways



Sister Anderson, a member in my ward, was driving my companion, our investigator and me to The Nashville Tribute Band concert (an LDS band which sings about missionary work and the gospel... we invited our investigators to come). On the way there, she was asking me if I have found anyone here that speaks Danish. I told her "no" (kind of chuckling in my mind and doubting it would ever happen). She said she thought she knew of someone who spoke Danish, but it might be Swedish instead. So I told her that was cool, but I assumed it was probably Swedish. So then, two days later... Sister Anderson calls. And guess what she says! Her friend, Tom, who has a friend named Erik, who SPEAKS DANISH! (Neither of them are members) has agreed to help us practice teaching him and he will try to help us with our Danish! What? Yeah! And he lives 45 minutes away, but he will drive to Tom's house (which is close) to meet with us.

How fantastic is that? The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways and is amazing at puzzling everything together.

We are teaching Erik tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes next week.

Also, on our way home from the concert, we stopped at a gas station because our investigator wanted a soda (it was 10:45pm). The cashier noticed we were "Mormons" and said she wanted to know if our church was the kind of church that we apply scriptures to our actual lives. We said yes and she wanted to learn more, so we set up an appointment to meet with her the next morning! Crazy, huh?

Anyway, things are going well here in the small town of Tullahoma. Still no word about our visas, but I am betting we will leave on May 20th, when the other missionaries at the MTC will leave to Denmark.

Kaerlighed altid,

Søster Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment