Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tullahoma and Winchester

Mine familier og venner,

Hvordan har du det?

So Sister Tenny and I are still shifting between Tullahoma and Winchester. It's about a 30 minute drive. We can't move into the Winchester apartment yet because they have some repairs to do first. This week we stayed two nights in a member's home in Winchester, but came back to Tullahoma today.

So last preparation day, also known as "p-day," we went fishing in a member's pond! I had never really fished before, especially with LIVE bait! I didn't even realize you put a live worm on the hook! Ha ha, wow, I know... I need to get out more or something ;)
So it was SUPER gross to me to put the live worms on. I tried my best not to touch them and would just try to stab them with the hook until they were one it. Whenever they squirmed up and touched me, I screamed. It made it pretty exciting for everyone around me. eventually, I came up with a genius method to use my hook to get one out of the container and them pin it down with two lids so it could not move. Then, I would hook it three or four times. We were out there for a little longer than an hour and I caught 5 fish over all. Way fun! Taking the fish off the hook also scared me at first, especially since they were slimy and wiggly, but eventually I got used to it. However, I accidently dropped one back in the water.

Pictures to come :)

Lessons I learned from fishing:

1. There is more than one way to hook a worm ;)
2. While waiting, enjoy the scenery and the quiet time you have to contemplate
3. It's important to try new things, even if you think they aren't up your alley of fun, because you might really enjoy them

Highlight of the week: We visited one of the people this week who had filled out a survey at the Dogwood Festival and said she wanted to learn more about the gospel. We came by and she said she wanted to learn more and wanted her children to be raised better than how she had grown up and wanted them to have good values. We told her about how the gospel blesses families, about Joseph Smith wanting to know which church to join and about the Book of Mormon being another testament of Jesus Christ when he had visited the Ancient Americas. We also talked about the Savior's earthly ministry and how He asks us to follow in his example. We asked her if she would be willing to follow His example and be baptized and she said she did and that she could not wait! We were all beaming. We knew that the spirit was there and that this was all in the Lord's timing.

Unfortunately, we do not get to teach her after this, the other sister will since she was actually in Tullahoma, but we are happy the Lord let us be a part of His plan for her.

I love you all so much, hope you have a wonderful day :)

Kaerlighed altid,

Søster Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment