Sunday, September 22, 2013

Apple Juice and a Baptism

Mine familier og venner!

Random fact: Tomorrow, I will have officially been out on my mission for 6 months.

Hmm... if I narrowed it down to two things I would want to share from this week, it would be these two:
I was sitting on the train across from a guy who had headphones on. I felt like sometime before I left, I should talk to him, but I waited a little bit. I was rereading the Plan of Salvation pamphlet as I overheard him order a beer. Then, a minute later, he slides an apple juice across the table to me and tells me I can have it. Then, he opens up a can of Pringles and offers to share them with me. It was way nice of him. I started talking, but he asked if I could speak English. I did, but then he asked if I could speak more slowly because it was hard for him to understand. He told me he was Muslim and on his way to work in Copenhagen (from Aalborg). We were just heading back from a district meeting where our zone leaders had stressed the importance of keeping the gospel simple in explanation. I tried to explain the restoration in the simplest I could and gave him a pamphlet in Danish. He said his native language is Arabic and I told him we could get him a Book of Mormon in that language and give it to him. He told me he really would like that and wants to meet with the missionaries! I got his information and gave it to the missionaries in Aalborg. I'm so happy that Heavenly Father let me help run His errand to find the man.

This week, an 8 year old boy in the ward had a baptism. We invited Anne Lise to it. We had one of the members in the ward bring her and it went great! The member talked to Anne Lise the whole time and answered all of her questions. I was sitting on the other side of Anne Lise during the baptism. After it was over, I asked her what she thought of it and how she felt. She told me that is was a beautiful day and that she was so happy to be there. But then, she said she was still confused why she would have to be baptized again if she already has been once in another church. We had previously taught her about how after the apostles died, God's authority to perform ordinances was no longer on the earth and about the restoration of the priesthood, so I just rehashed what we had already discussed. I can't even remember exactly what I said, but I remember looking at her and it seemed a light bulb had turned on and she told me it made sense. Then, I told her that we would be having a baptism on September 21st and asked if she would like to be baptized them and she said YES!!! I was so so so so excited. Anne Lise told a few people at the baptism that she had just made the decision and everyone was so exciting and supportive.

I love the ward here in Fredericia. We hope to one day have a ward here in Vejle.

Oh and Autumn is coming soon! My favorite season! Can't wait to officially pull out the sweaters!

Life is beautiful.

Med kærligste hilsener,

Søster Orgill


No comments:

Post a Comment