Monday, November 25, 2013

A Familiar Face/ Forgotten French

Familier og venner,

We walked outside this morning and saw the ground was covered in snow…
actually it’s more like little pieces of hail everywhere… I wonder if
it will ever be powdery snow (that’s my favorite kind). It was only
day one of snow so only time will tell, but hey, that means Christmas
is around the corner! Good thing our ward is planning a Christmas
party that we can invite people to. We are excited for this month
since we can be pretty creative with finding people.

One miracle from this week: we had about 30 minutes before an
appointment we had with a new member. We decided to ring the call
boxes in the areas apartments and see if we could talk with anyone who
would let us in. It was getting dark and the street was all wet… so
there weren’t many people out of the streets. We rang a bunch of call
boxes. One guy let us in, but then he told us he was not interested.
We walked back outside and then we saw a lady who looked familiar.
Three weeks ago, we had seen her on the street and asked her for
directions to an address we were looking for. We said hi to hear and
retold her that we were missionaries and we visit people and share
more about the Savior. She said we could visit her sometime! It was
way cool. So she gave us her address and we made an appointment.

The appointment went great! She is wicken. We talked about the
similarities and differences between what we believe and invited her
to read 2 Nephi 33. We are going to meet with her again this week :)

The same night, we ran into a man who only spoke French. Sister
Peterson told him I could speak French. I tried, but I could not even
think of a word in French! Finally, I thought of one word… “pourquoi”
which means “why,” but I could not even think how I could ask why he
was here. We gave him a Mormon.org and that was it. Wow, so much for 5
years of French… After he left, I just kept trying to even think of
one sentence I could have said in French, only Danish words were
coming to mind. The only thing I can think of is that maybe because I
was called to speak in Danish, not French? Hmm… oh well, maybe I can
restudy French one day :)

Also this week, we sang in church again. We sang Joseph Smith’s First
Prayer (in Danish) to the tune of Come Thou Fount. Elder Hammond
played the piano, I sang soprano, Sister Peterson sang alto and Elder
Metcalf, Elder Carmack and Elder Ockey sang Tenor and Bass. It went
well and the ward asked Sister Peterson and I to help sing with the
primary in the primary program next month and we will be singing at
the ward Christmas party, too. We sure sing a lot here, but it is a
great way to bring in the spirit.

Jeg elsker jer!

Med kærligste hilsener,


Søster Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment